The NASCE Process is outlined below:
1. Contact Pete Cichetti (email@example.com or 518-782-6997) to express your interest, discuss the specifics of the survey, and obtain the necessary materials to move forward.
2. Choose a launch date - the survey can be launched on any Monday throughout the Fall or Spring semester. Over the course of 12 days, four email invitations will be sent out in total; the survey will close on the 12th day (Friday) at 5pm.
3. Complete this Customization and Incentive form - we will use this to design and customize your institution’s unique survey.
4. Provide us with a list of all undergraduate email addresses - Used solely for the purpose of distributing the survey, the list will be deleted after the survey closes and identifying information will not be tied to individual responses. For detailed information about why we request the list of email addresses, click here.
5. Promote NASCE on campus - Throughout the process, SRI will assist with promoting and advertising the survey on campus, to ensure a good response rate. Participating institutions are expected to develop a Marketing Plan, using this Strategic Marketing & Deployment Strategies as a guide.
6. Field survey - Once the survey is launched, SRI sends 4 email invitations to all undergraduate students over the course of 12 days (the link to the survey is provided in the emails). After the first email, subsequent emails are only sent to non-respondents.
- While the survey is fielding SRI will provide daily updates of how many students have completed the survey, so institutions can gauge their response rate and assess promotional efforts (and adapt them if needed).
7. Analyze Data - Once the survey is closed, SRI will analyze the data and provide a final report, data frequencies, data cross tabulations, and the raw data file within 30-60 business days.